I ate copious amounts of food.
I drank too much coffee.
I might have watched too many chick flicks.
I definitely regrouped.
Rather than give you a play-by-play of the past two weeks of my life (how insanely boring that post would be), I'd rather just tell you what I've learned.
- Driving all night on Thanksgiving Eve in order to arrive home to Central New York on Thanksgiving Day is risky business. I might never do that again.
- In an effort to stay coherent, I will definitely never again consume an entire bag of Jack Daniel's BBQ sunflower seeds while performing said 6.5 hour trip (which actually only took 5.5 hours because I was tempting fate). "Bloat" would be the understatement of the century. It took me a full week to recover.
- Bringing your fiance to redneck bars when he is the direct opposite of a redneck is very entertaining. (Note to self: Must do this more often)!
- Confronting high school meanies is great fun! Especially when they try to act like you were besties in high school. Boundaries are good, and "I don't like you" is sometimes a very empowering phrase.
- When trying on wedding dresses, always wear appropriate undergarments. a.k.a...leave the pink thong at home, and opt for the sensible boy pants. Hindsight is always 20/20, right?
- Do not procrastinate (this is a work in progress for me).
- When your pending nuptials are mentioned, do not become triggered when someone asks you "so, are you going to go on a diet?"
- Also, when said person sees a picture of the gorgeous dress you purchased off the rack, then tells you "ha! you better hit the pushups!", do not punch their lights out (or begin starving yourself).
- Do increase productivity at work by turning your computer monitor around for the whole universe to see you screwing off while you should be working. This is a great way to self-regulate your surfing!
- Children do not like Fennel Chicken.
- Sometimes children freely talk about pooping at inconvenient times.
- Enjoy life.
What have you learned while I've been blogcationing?
I've missed you!
* Have you joined my Facebook Group yet?
* See how my training is going over here!
* Looking for my eBook?
*Check out my body image project!