In just the past 3.5 minutes, I have experienced an overwhelming craving for the following food items:
- Cinnamon toast
- Peanut butter & fluff sandwich (which I don't even like)
- Waffles with peanut butter
- Stuffed French toast
- Bologna & cheese sandwich. Sidebar: this is the second bologna fantasy I've had this week. The first one involved FRIED bologna from my childhood. Yes. Fried bologna.
- Ricotta cheese with frozen cherries
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (a huge bowl, drowning in milk)
What do all of these foods have in common?
Well, I don't know.
I'm kind of having a flashback to ED treatment, actually. The cravings are reminding me of when I had just entered the "immersion" portion of my treatment, and I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. The reason I wanted to eat everything then was because there were so many foods that I had restricted myself from eating for so many years. Part of the process was reintroducing all of these foods from my past. I quickly learned that I really didn't like many of the foods that I was craving. Besides the marshmallow fluff and bologna on the above list, everything else could easily go on my "top 25" list of favorite foods.
I haven't been strict with my diet lately. My food logs will prove that (hello, ice cream sundae from McDonald's). I'm eating what I want to eat, just keeping everything in moderation. I feel good. So, why all of the cravings?
But, more importantly, what should I eat off of my fantasy food list today?
* Have you joined my Facebook Group yet?
* See how my training is going over here!
* Wonder what I’m eating?
* Everyone loves a giveaway!