While wandering around my kitchen, preparing food for Sunday Brunch (look for a post on that tomorrow), I realized that I was starving. I ran 7 miles this morning (go training schedule!), and have sort of maintained a sporadic eating schedule today (i.e. a banana and granola bar pre-run, post-run apple, orange and bagel sandwich from Einstein's, then a random bowl of cereal at 5PM when I woke up from my 2 hour nap). Starving.
Unfortunately, I was having a moment of indecisiveness.
Then, like magic, Google Reader told me that I had a new blog post to read from PW Cooks. Then, I read about this recipe. And drooled. I knew exactly what I wanted for dinner.
My version is roughly based on Pastor Ryan's version, I just made a few changes based upon my own taste and ingredient availability...
- I am out of beer, so I omitted.
- I am assuming that PR used red wine, but I only had white.
- I added spinach, because my body will revolt if I don't eat at least one veggie today. For shame. Green smoothie to follow as well.
- I used only a splash of heavy cream. Because, well...I love the taste, but I don't love the way it makes my ass look.
- I didn't have crimini mushrooms, so I used standard white mushrooms.
- I had planned on serving this over leftover soba noodles, but unfortunately, they also SMELLED leftover, so I nixed them and used rotini.
- I added grated Manchego on top, because thanks to Sarah, it's pretty much my crack these days.
- I drizzled my bowl with a little bit of white truffle oil. So that I could make up for the fat I was missing in the heavy cream. But, it's just SO good.
If I could,
I would totally send you some of the leftovers.
Not because I don't want to eat them later. No, no.
Because I love you and I want to feed you. It's my issue, not yours.