It's been a rough week for me emotionally. It could have been the Jenni Schaefer book. Or the rousing telephone conversation that I had with my Momma--my last known consistent trigger on the face of the planet. Or the fact that in almost exactly 36 hours, I will (hopefully) be celebrating the end of my marathon experience. I'm running a marathon in 30 hours.
On creaky hips.
On wonky legs.
On an IT band that is strung as tight as the "E" string on the hand-me-down violin that I played in the 5th grade.
What have I got myself into?
Is the whole 'I think I might throw up a little' feeling that I'm experiencing normal at this point in taper? You know, like during the fourth week of taper. Since I've been tapering for like. Oh. Four weeks.
(thank you, "E string")
To keep my mind off of the fact that I'm expecting myself to run 26 miles in 30 hours, I'm focusing on everything except the fact that I have to run 26 miles in 30 hours.
- My sister is coming to town tomorrow (yay)!
- I'm scheduled for jury duty tomorrow (which will be a bummer if I actually get picked).
- I still haven't decided what I'm wearing (this is of major importance, of course).
- I have a lot of soup to make next week (food will take my mind off of the task at hand)!
- Hey! I'm going on vacation in March. Wait. I'm doing a 1/2 marathon while I'm on vacation.
- I'm running a marathon in 30 hours.
* Have you joined my Facebook Group yet?
* See how my training is going over here!
* Wonder what I’m eating?
* Everyone loves a giveaway!