I've been daydreaming often lately. I think it has something to do with my recent tropical vacation.
This is the scene in most of my daydreams.
It's Turks and Caicos' fault.
Ahhh...to be back on the lovely beaches of Grace Bay...
This morning, singing Lady Gaga in my head, walking to the microwave at work to retrieve my warmed Starbucks oatmeal, I actually pretended that I was at Club Med again, and I imagined what my schedule for the day was going to be:
- 9AM: Eat breakfast, chat, sip coffee, chat, wave to all of my new friends as they pass by, then chat with them about what time we'll all eat dinner together tonight.
- 10:30AM: Watch a movie on the iPad while breakfast digests.
- 11:30AM: Hit the resort's gym for 45 minutes.
- 1PM: Eat lunch, chat, sip wine, chat, wave to all my new friends as they pass by, then chat (again) with them about what time we'll eat dinner together tonight.
- 2PM-5:30PM: Grab my iPad (Kindle app), find a nice comfy beach chair, and just BE.
- 8:30PM: Eat dinner with all of my new friends, drink wine, chat, drink more wine, chat, drink a cosmo, chat...see a pattern here?
My week spent in TCI was very enjoyable and relaxing. I was excited to be around people from so many different cultures, and (being the sociology whore that I am), I really envied the way that some of the people I met (and people-watched) handled life and themselves. When I went home, I took a little part of my Club Med experience with me (although hopefully not too much of the late nights and excessive alcohol consumption).
In thinking about this over the past 2 weeks, I've come up with a set of actions that I want to incorporate into my everyday life.
- Relax more.
- Spend more time with friends. Laugh a lot.
- Re-learn French.
- Move more often outside of the gym.
- Make every meal seem "fancy".
- Make dark chocolate bread as often as possible.
- Be PRESENT. Like REALLY present.
- Don't worry if there's sand in the bed.
- Own (and wear) wonderful perfume.
I know that I live in Maryland and not the Caribbean, but a girl can pretend, right?
So, now it's your turn. What would you do if you could incorporate vacation into your everyday life?
P.s...Don't forget to enter my "Baking is Sexy" shirt giveaway!